Clubhouse is the new kid on the block, gaining huge buzz and millions of users in only a few months. As a marketer, the first thing you’ll be thinking is how to leverage this attention into new leads.
This article will explain what Clubhouse is, how to use it, and why it’s a must-have as a part of every marketer’s strategy. For pro tips to turn Clubhouse into a lead generation machine, see this article.
What is Clubhouse?
Clubhouse is a voice-only social media platform taking the world by storm. Launched in March 2020, Clubhouse allows users to create live, podcast-style chat rooms allowing both hosts and guests to interact. The app already has millions of global users including big names like Elon Musk, Oprah Winfrey, Kevin Hart, and Drake.
Clubhouse is ‘invite-only’, meaning you’ll need to find someone with a clubhouse to invite you. Each user only has a couple of invites, making the platform feel both exclusive and personal – everyone’s a friend of a friend.
Clubhouse is a global platform, available in 150+ countries. Their core user base is from the USA, followed by Germany, Japan, and the UK.
The most popular topics are around sales, social media, tech, start-ups, and business. But there are hundreds of interests and they’re all growing rapidly – you can view the full list of interests here to find one that suits your business best.
Why Advertise on Clubhouse?
Text and visuals can only get you so far, real leads come from conversations, and that’s where Clubhouse has the potential to help your business explode.
Clubhouse has 100+ interests with audiences in everyone, however the strongest of them are business orientated, with large communities of CEOs, business owners and entrepreneurs. There are literally thousands of potential leads on Clubhouse, with thousands more joining every day.
With strong communities of professionals looking to learn, network, and chat, Clubhouse becomes a 24/7 global conference you can attend in your pajamas. You simply need to find people discussing a relevant topic and get involved – you’ll soon find yourself leaving a 30 min discussion with tens of new leads.
Social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn are totally saturated with years of content and competition. Since Clubhouse is newly launched, everyone starts from ground zero and this is your opportunity to become a leader and gain traction in this newly found terrain. You can leverage your Clubhouse community to rake in leads and create a lot of trust and authenticity around your brand.
How to use Clubhouse?
So, you’re convinced, Clubhouse is a must-have as a part of your strategy – now how can you get started? Take a look at the quick guide below to get involved.
- First, you’ll need to download the Clubhouse app on Apple or Android (Android released May 2021!). You’ll also need to get someone who already has Clubhouse to invite you to your phone number.
- Choose the interests & people that you’d like to follow. This will be used to suggest you rooms to join.
3. Add your profile photo and bio. Be sure to make it punchy and informative, as this can be a key factor a potential new follower (or lead) will look at.
4. Start exploring! Now you can join rooms that have conversations live, join clubs around your interests, or find people you want to follow.
5. Once you join a room, you’ll be able to hear the speaker(s) – don’t worry they can’t hear you yet. To speak you can click the hand icon and a moderator will decide whether or not to unmute you. All done? Simply hit the leave button
6. You can also start your own room and even create your own club. Be sure to have enough followers and a decent audience before doing so to avoid talking to yourself.
7. Like all other types of marketing, you need to provide value before moving towards a sale. Don’t bounce around groups trolling to make hard sells – try to speak, contribute and engage with fellow members before speaking about your product/service.
8. Don’t overcomplicate things, take your time to browse around, and don’t be scared to experiment.
If you’re more a video lover, check out this how-to video by Hubspot:
Clubhouse could be the most exciting platform for marketers since LinkedIn, and this is the time to get stuck in – because it’s just getting started. There is now a platform where you can have genuine conversations, make real connections, and most importantly (for marketers) bring in tons of new leads.
As a marketer, you simply need to dedicate time to Clubhouse. Now that you’re signed up, check out 11 Tips for Your Clubhouse Marketing Strategy for the ultimate guide on Clubhouse success.